Did you know ? Facts on Granite Pavers
– Granite is a natural rock that is formed by the crystallization of magma within the earth’s crust. It is composed of three main minerals, mica, feldspar and quartz. Granite is recognized for its strength, hardness and durability, making it perfect for use as pavers.
– Many homeowners choose to install granite pavers in their driveways, because of their intense strength. This variety of pavers can support the weight of multiple vehicles for decades without cracking. At the same time, granite will also increase the value of the home.
– Granite pavers are extremely durable, making them perfect for use in high traffic areas. They can be used for walkways, courtyards, patios and the interior of homes and commercial buildings.
– Granite pavers are ideal around a pool, due to the fact that they are water-resistant. These natural stone pavers have a slip-resistant finish when left unpolished. This makes granite one of the safest type of pavers to place around the pool edge.
– Another important feature of granite is that it is 100 percent non-combustible. This is why it is often the paver of choice for use around the fireplace and barbecue pit. It is also this feature that makes granite comfortable to walk on with bare feet, even on a scorching summer day.
-There are a wide array of colours to choose from when selecting granite pavers. The colour of granite depends upon the proportions of mica, feldspar and quartz, which vary throughout quarries in different parts of the world. The most common colours are black, yellow, rose and grey.
– The most common finish we retail is exfoliated, but we can special order any finish. Chiselled, Flame Finished & Bush Hammered are a few popular types of finish.